What is Weed Cookies?
Weed cookies, also known as cannabis-infused edibles, are cookies that are made with cannabis-infused butter or oil. They are made by infusing butter or oil with cannabis and then using that infused butter or oil in a traditional cookie recipe, in order to make weed cookies.
These cookies can come in many different varieties and flavors, and can be made to suit a wide range of dietary restrictions. The effects of weed cookies are similar to those of smoking or vaporizing cannabis, but the onset of effects is delayed due to the time it takes for the body to metabolize the cannabis. The effects of weed cookies usually take about 30 minutes to 2 hours to take effect and the onset will vary depending on the individual’s metabolism and the dosage.
It’s important to note that using cannabis butter to make weed cookies is illegal in some countries, states or regions and using it may have legal consequences. Before using cannabis butter, it’s important to be aware of the laws in your area and consult with a medical professional if unsure about the effects of consuming weed cookies.
Here is a basic recipe for weed cookies:
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of cannabis-infused butter (can be made by heating butter and cannabis in a crockpot for several hours)
- 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing well.
- Stir in the cannabis-infused butter and chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
It’s important to note that the recipe above includes using cannabis butter. If you use cannabis butter it is important to have accurate information on dosage and to be aware of the laws in your country/area regarding cannabis use. If you are unsure, it is best to consult with a medical professional.
Benefits of Weed Cookies
Weed cookies, also known as cannabis-infused edibles, offer several potential benefits. Some of the benefits include:
- Pain relief: Cannabis has been found to have pain-relieving properties, which can be beneficial for people with chronic pain conditions such as arthritis, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis.
- Stress relief: Cannabis is known to have a relaxing and stress-reducing effect, which can help people with anxiety and other mental health conditions.
- Appetite stimulation: Cannabis can stimulate appetite, which can be beneficial for people undergoing chemotherapy or for those who have difficulty eating due to a medical condition.
- Improved sleep: Cannabis has been found to have sedative effects, which can improve sleep for people who suffer from insomnia or other sleep disorders.
- Discretion: Consuming weed cookies is a discreet way of consuming cannabis, and can be helpful for those who are concerned about the stigma associated with smoking or vaping.
It’s important to keep in mind that not everyone will experience the same effects or benefits from consuming weed cookies. Additionally, it’s essential to use them responsibly, be aware of the laws in your area and consult with a medical professional before starting use.