Cannabis concentrates, also known as marijuana extract, is a concentrated mass containing CBD, THC, and trichomes of plant cannabis.
Concentrates are what can be infused in edible products, vaping, and smoking and make a perfect choice for dabbing.
Because these contain high levels of THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, pure concentrates are not much common among beginners.
If you are one of them and have no clue about concentrates, read our full article to understand the basic yet important facts you must know about CBD concentrates.
What are CBD Concentrates?
CBD concentrates contain higher levels of CBD or cannabidiol than those found in cannabis plants. These are highly condensed extractions carefully made to extract the goodies of the hemp plant, a variety of cannabis sativa plant.
The rising popularity and consumption of CBD products have led the breeders to produce more selective breedings with strains containing higher levels of CBD.
Some of the popular concentrates include shatter, wax, budder, live resin, and terp sauce.
Speaking about cannabidiol, it is one of the many compounds found in the cannabis plant.
Thanks to its commendable therapeutic properties, the majority of CBD users use the compound to get relief from an assortment of medical conditions. Anxiety, chronic pain, and fibromyalgia are a few of the common ones.
While CBD is generally safe to consume, first-time users should go slow with CBD concentrates as these are more potent than your usual CBD products, such as gummies and cookies, say experts at wccannabis. Below we have shared three things you must know about CBD concentrates.
- They Contain More Terpenes: Terpenes are natural compounds found in cannabis plants and are known for giving a distinct aroma to the plant. Concentrates contain more terpenes which interact well with the body’s endocannabinoid system, making them more potent.
- Effective Results: Because concentrates contain higher levels of CBD, it automatically makes them more effective when it comes to managing different medical conditions, including headaches, pain, and fatigue.
- Higher level of Purity: Probably the best thing about CBD concentrates is that they contain pure chemical ingredients. When a CBD concentrate is processed, the manufacturer aims to leave all the residue behind and ensures that the concentrate includes only pure ingredients, such as terpenes.
How to Use CBD Concentrates?
There are many ways to consume CBD concentrates. Below we have shared the most common ones:
- Dabbing: This is probably the most common way of consuming a concentrate. The process requires you to inhale vaporized concentrate with the help of equipment, such as a dab rig.
- Vaporization: You can use different electronic vaporizers to consume a concentrated form of CBD. These are quite popular among teens.
- Infusing Method: Another brilliant way to ingest the benefits of a CBD concentrate is to infuse it with edibles or topicals. For instance, you can infuse a concentrate in homemade cakes or cookies or infuse them in balms or oils to enjoy its healing effects.
Well, the best thing about concentrates is you get plenty of ways to choose your consumption method. If you don’t prefer smoking or vaping, you can go with different forms of edibles or topicals. The only thing you need to take care of is the dosage.
Considering how potent some concentrates can be, make sure to keep your dosage low at the beginning and gradually increase it as per your desired results.